4-6 servings / 17 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 12 min
These turkey strips are great to enjoy with fresh vegetables and hummus or to add to a salad or rice bowl. No matter how you enjoy them, lean protein will help to refuel your energy needs healthfully.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 large clove garlic, rasped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast (about 1 lb/500 g)
- In a large bowl, stir together vinegar, mustard, parsley, oil, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- Cut turkey breast into 6 to 8 strips that are about the same size and add to bowl. Stir strips well to coat with marinade. Let stand 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium high heat. Place turkey strips on greased grill for about 12 minutes, turning once or twice until no longer pink inside. Enjoy right away or let cool; cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Alternatively freeze for up to 2 weeks.
How to use: Tuck these strips in your lunch to enjoy after a workout or add them to your salad, cooked rice or beans for a great way to add lean protein to your daily routine.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 114
- Protein 27 g
- Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
- Carbohydrates 1 g
Fibre 0 g
Total sugars 0 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 134 mg
- Potassium 315 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2015.