4 servings / 25 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 10 min
This summer main course salad makes dinner a breeze, and combines a hint of curry with lots of fresh crunch and colour. Change it up by substituting chicken or fish for the pork chops. If there are any leftovers try tucking them into a pita with some greens for a sandwich.
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mild or medium salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced red onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 1 lb/ 500 g), excess fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine beans, pepper, corn, salsa, onion and lime juice; set aside.
- In a bowl, toss pork chops with cilantro, garlic, oil and curry powder. Place on oiled grill over medium high heat and grill, turning occasionally for about 10 minutes or until hint of pink remains. Serve with salad.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 326
- Protein 30 g
- Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
- Carbohydrates 31 g
Fibre 8 g
Sugar 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 453 mg
- Potassium 890 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2014.