6 servings / 37 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 17 min
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 pkg (350 g) cheese tortellini
- 1 small English cucumber, chopped
- 1 container (227 g) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sherry or red wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl and drizzle with 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil. Add Italian seasoning and pepper and toss to coat. Place on greased grill and grill for about 12 minutes, turning once or until no longer pink inside. Set aside onto cutting board to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini for about 5 minutes or until they float to the top and are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well and place in a large bowl. Add cucum-ber, tomatoes, pepper and parsley.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining oil, mustard and vinegar. Pour over salad and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving for flavours to marry.
Tip: Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Plan ahead and use leftovers or cook chicken and pasta ahead of time and store in the fridge until you are ready to mix the salad.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 330
- Protein 26 g
- Total fat 10 g
Saturated fat 3 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 g
- Carbohydrates 33 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 290 mg
- Potassium 400 mg