8 servings / 17 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 12 min
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 pkg (8 oz/250 g) multi-coloured petite bell peppers
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil, divided
- 8 (4 oz/125 g each) boneless centre-cut loin pork chops, trimmed of fat
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 2 limes, halved
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger root
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cider vinegar
- Heat a grill coated with canola oil cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place the peppers in a large bowl and toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil until well coated. Place on grill and cook 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of pork chops with 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil and sprinkle with the cumin and black pepper.
- Place on grill (after peppers have cooked 4 minutes) and cook pork alongside the peppers for 4 minutes on each side or until the pork’s internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Meanwhile, combine honey, Sriracha sauce, ginger root and cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook Once Eat Twice: Reserve 4 pork chops, half the peppers, half the sauce, and 2 lime halves for Pork Long leaf lettuce wraps. Cool and refrigerate.
- Serve remaining peppers alongside the remaining pork, squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the pork, and drizzle the remaining sauce over the pork.
Nutritional info per serving
Serving size: 3 oz (90 g) cooked pork, 1/2 cup (125 mL) peppers, and 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sauce
- Calories 280
- Protein 41 g
- Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
- Carbohydrates 9 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 7 g
Added Sugar 4 g
- Sodium 200 mg
- Potassium 794 mg