3 servings / 25 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 15 min
Tender juicy steak combines beautifully with sweet grilled vegetables – a perfect match for a weekend get together with friends. Toss the leftovers with cooked pasta the next day.
- 2 red peppers, quartered
- 2 carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 striploin steak, excess fat trimmed (about 300 g)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, toss peppers, carrots and zucchini with oil, half each of the oregano and pepper. Place on greased grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally until tender crisp. Remove to cutting board and chop coarsely.
- Rub steak with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with remaining oregano and pepper. Place steak on greased grill over medium high heat and grill, turning once for about 5 minutes or until medium. Let rest on cutting board for 5 minutes then slice thinly.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables with steak, garlic and vinegar and toss to combine to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 3)
- Calories 225
- Protein 22 g
- Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 44 mg
- Carbohydrates 14 g
Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 151 mg
- Potassium 633 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2014.