4 servings / 17 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 7 min
- 1 small bunch fresh broccoli, about 1 lb/454 g
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut each broccoli stalk into 4, leaving stem in tact; place in a large bowl with asparagus. Toss with oil.
- Place broccoli and asparagus on medium high heat and grill, turning once for about 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a platter.
- Stir together shallot, lemon juice, dill, garlic and pepper. Spoon over vegetables and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese, if using to serve.
Tip: You can also chop the broccoli and asparagus after grilling to make a chopped version of this rustic salad.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 80
- Protein 5 g
- Total fat 2.5 g
Saturated fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 36 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 35 mg
- Potassium 510 mg