8 servings / 20 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 15 min
Get the chicken marinated and frozen so that it can thaw in the cooler on your way to the cottage for dinner that night. Be sure to flatten out the resealable bag when freezing for quicker thawing and it will also be easier to store in the freezer.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, rasped or pureed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- 2 lb (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 cups (3 L) spring mixed greens
- 8 lemon wedges
- In a resealable bag, combine oil, soy sauce, curry powder, garlic, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice and cayenne pepper. Add chicken thighs, close bag and massage marinade into chicken.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Place chicken thighs on greased grill over medium heat and grill, turning twice for about 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Serve over greens with lemon wedge.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories: 188
- Protein: 24 g
- Total fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 83 mg
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fibre: 2 g
Total sugars: 2 g
Added sugars: 1 g
- Sodium: 232 mg
- Potassium: 539 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. © Heart and Stroke Foundation 2015.