6 servings / 25 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 10 min
Easily a new family favourite to enjoy for lunches or dinner. Pack the turkey and bean mixture separately and wrap your lunch on site with the lettuce.
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) long grain brown rice
- 250 mL (1 cup) no salt added chicken broth
- 500 g (1 lb) turkey cutlets or scalloppini
- 10 mL (2 tsp) canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) chili powder
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) grated lime rind
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) lime juice
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) salsa
- 250 mL (1 cup) corn kernels
- 250 mL (1 cup) canned cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- In saucepan, bring rice and broth to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut turkey cutlets into strips crosswise; place in bowl. Add 5 mL (1 tsp) of the oil, garlic, chili powder, lime rind and juice; stir until well coated.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium high heat and cook turkey stirring for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Add cooked rice and salsa; stir to coat.
- Stir in corn and beans and cook for about 2 minutes or until warmed through. Stir in coriander and spoon into lettuce leaves and roll up to enjoy.
Nutritional info per serving (1 cup/250 ml)
- Calories: 244
- Protein: 24 g
- Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 43 mg
- Carbohydrate: 28 g
Fibre: 4 g
Sugars: 2 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 346 mg
- Potassium: 601 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.