4 servings / 35 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 15 min
Serve these up with oven roasted potatoes and big green salad.
- 500 g (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) plain low fat or 0% Greek yogurt
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 5 mL (1 tsp) chopped fresh thyme or 2 mL (½ tsp) dried
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 500 mL (2 cups) bran flake cereal
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) ketchup
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) liquid honey
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- Cut chicken breasts crosswise into 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide strips; set aside.
- In shallow bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, thyme, garlic and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat well. Let stand for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Crush bran flakes in resealable bag; add cheese. Toss chicken with cereal mixture and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in 200 C (400 F) oven for 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, stir together ketchup, honey and mustard. Serve with chicken.
Tip: Substitute boneless skinless turkey breast cutlets or lean boneless pork chops for the chicken.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 224
- Protein: 32 g
- Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 75 mg
- Carbohydrate: 19 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sugars: 9 g
Added Sugars: 4 g
- Sodium: 364 mg
- Potassium: 530 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.