4 servings / 50 mins
Prep 10 min / Marinate 30 min / Cook 10 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crushed pineapple
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) extra virgin olive or canola oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 to 4 small)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper sauce
- In a shallow dish, combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the pineapple, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and oil; set aside.
- Remove tenderloin from chicken and reserve for another use. On a cutting board, slice chicken breasts in half crosswise almost all the way through and open up like a book. Add to marinade, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Place chicken breasts on preheated medium high grill for about 8 minutes, turning a few times or until no longer pink inside.
- Stir mint and hot pepper sauce into remaining pineapple and serve with grilled chicken.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 173
- Protein: 26 g
- Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 67 mg
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sugar: 7 g
Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 302 mg
- Potassium: 395 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2014.