4 servings / 1 hour 5 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 45 min
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 1 tub (142 g/5 oz) baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup (250 mL) light ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in 400° F (200° C) oven for about 45 minutes or until tender; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, wilt spinach in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drain any liquid from pan. Toss with garlic.
- Using a fork, scrape out squash and toss with oil, cheese, pepper and spinach mixture. Stir together ricotta and basil to combine.
- Divide squash mixture among 4 bowls and top with ricotta mixture to serve.
Tip: If garlic bothers you, you can reduce the amount to 1 clove, minced.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 180
- Protein 11 g
- Total fat 10 g
Saturated fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
- Carbohydrates 12 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 210 mg
- Potassium 320 mg