4 servings / 50 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 35 min
- 6 ripe but firm, plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh basil, divided
- 4 tsp (20 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) silken plain tofu
- 1 pkg (375 g) whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked no salt added canned mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic cloves, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the parsley and basil, oil and hot pepper flakes to coat. Spread onto prepared pan and roast for 25 minutes or until tomatoes are blistered and golden. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer tomato mixture to blender with tofu and puree until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook linguine for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Place beans in colander and drain pasta over top. Return linguine and beans to pot over low heat and add tomato sauce and remaining parsley and basil. Cook stirring gently for about 1 minute and sprinkle with cheese to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 480
- Protein 20 g
- Total fat 11 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 g
- Carbohydrates 82 g
Fibre 10 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 95 mg
- Potassium 600 mg