4 servings / 30 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 15 min
- 1 pkg (210 g) extra firm smoked tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sesame oil, divided
- 8 cups (2 L) coarsely chopepd baby bok choy
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, rasped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- Slice tofu into 4 equal pieces. Dice into small cubes and place in a bowl. Toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the soy sauce, orange juice and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the sesame oil.
- Spray grilling basket with cooking spray and heat up on grill over medium high heat. Add tofu and grill, tossing or shaking occasionally for about 10 minutes or until golden. Return to bowl.
- Return grill basket to grill. Add bok choy, carrot, garlic, ginger and remaining oil. Toss frequently for about 5 minutes or util bok choy starts to wilt. Return tofu to basket and toss to combine. Remove from heat and toss with remaining soy sauce to serve.
Skillet option: If you don’t want to use your grill simply use a wok or large nonstick skillet and make this dish stovetop.
Tip: If you can’t find smoked tofu, simply substitute 1 pkg (350 g) extra firm tofu.
Nutritional info per serving ( 1 of 4)
- Calories 150
- Protein 12 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 11 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 530 mg
- Potassium 95 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.