8 servings / 17 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 2 min
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 4 small (6-inch/15 cm) pocket-style whole-wheat pitas, halved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mango chutney
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ginger powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) mild red curry paste
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienne cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienne carrots
- 4 cups (1 L) lightly packed baby spinach, divided
- Beat eggs. Stir in the green onion and green pepper until well combined.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Meanwhile, cut each pita in half and open the pockets. Blend mango chutney, ginger powder, curry paste and pepper with yogurt, until well combined.
- Inside each halved pita, spread an equal amount of sauce. Divide the cucumber, carrots, spinach and egg mixture evenly between the pockets. Serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories 205
- Protein 10 g
- Total fat 8 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193 mg
- Carbohydrates 24 g
Sugar 4 g
Added sugars 2.5 g
Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 270 mg
- Potassium 24 mg