4 servings / 23 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 8 min
- 2 beef sirloin grilling steaks (about 1 lb/500 g total), trimmed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) basil pesto, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 container (227 g) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced pitted sun-dried black olives (4 olives)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) capers
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- Spray steaks with cooking spray; spread with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the pesto and sprinkle with pepper. Spray bell peppers with cooking spray. Place steaks and peppers on medium high grill for about 8 minutes, turning once or until steak is medium rare and peppers are golden.
- Let steaks stand for 5 minutes. Chop peppers and place in a bowl. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, basil, remaining pesto and vinegar. Toss well to combine.
- Spoon puttanesca mixture onto 4 plates. Cut steaks in half crosswise and serve on top.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 260
- Protein 31 g
- Total fat 11 g
Saturated fat 3 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
- Carbohydrates 7 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 220 mg
- Potassium 620 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.