2 servings / 30 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 8-10 min
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 lb (250 g) pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch (1 cm) strips
- 1/3 of 454 g pkg rice stick noodles
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 medium carrot, shaved into ribbons using vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) low sodium ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) orange juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped green onion
- In small bowl, combine canola oil and chili-garlic sauce. Add pork strips; marinate for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, pour boiling water over noodles; let stand 5 to 7 minutes. Drain noodles, cover and set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, cook pork 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove with slotted spoon; cover and set aside.
- Add red pepper and carrot ribbons (separated) and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water. Cover pan and steam vegetables 2 minutes. Remove each and set aside.
- To skillet, add soy sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, orange juice and sesame oil. Add noodles; toss to coat and warm through.
- Divide the noodles among bowls, top with pork, red pepper, carrot and edamame.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and green onion. Serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 2)
- Calories 540
- Protein 34 g
- Total fat 12 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
- Carbohydrates 74 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 8 g
Added sugars 1 g
- Sodium 360 mg
- Potassium 855 mg