4 servings / 1 hr 10 min
Prep 30 min / Cook 40 min
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lb (500 g) pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- In large bowl or zip-lock bag, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, mustard, lemon juice and rosemary. Add pork tenderloin and cover or seal and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 24 hours. (Do-ahead: pork can be frozen in marinade at this point for up to four months. Thaw it completely in refrigerator overnight before proceeding.)
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 ˚F (200 ˚C).
- In large, heavy, oven-proof skillet, heat generous drizzle of canola oil over medium-high heat. Remove pork from marinade and brown it on all sides. Place skillet in oven and cook for 25 - 30 minutes, until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of pork reads 155 ˚F (68 ˚C). Tent loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring remaining marinade to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for at least a minute, until it thickens slightly.
- Slice pork into ½ inch (1 cm) thick slices on slight diagonal and serve drizzled with spoonful of sauce. This dish is best served with mashed potatoes to catch any extra sauce.
Variation: Try Maple rosemary pork satay. Just cut the pork tenderloin crosswise in half, then lengthwise into strips before marinating. Thread onto bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 10 minutes, and grill on a preheated grill (or grill pan) that has been brushed with canola oil for 2-3 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Alternately, bake on a rimmed baking sheet that has been brushed with canola oil at 400˚F (200 ˚C) for 5-7 minutes, until just cooked through.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 220
- Protein 24 g
- Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
- Carbohydrates 8 g
Fibre 0 g
Sugars 6 g
- Sodium 440 mg
- Potassium 479 mg