6 servings / 20 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 10 min
- 1 small pineapple (about 2 cups / 500 mL), peeled, cored and diced
- 1 medium orange, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh cilantro, minced
- Juice of half a fresh lime
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) sucralose brown sugar blend
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced ginger
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (2 mL) turmeric
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil (plus more to oil the grill)
- 6 pork loin chops (about 3 oz/90 gm each)
- Make salsa by combining pineapple, orange, cilantro and lime juice in bowl. Set aside. Can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- Make rub for pork chops: In small bowl, combine brown sugar blend, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Do not omit turmeric as it lends a lovely yellow hue to this dish.
- Brush both sides of pork chops with canola oil and apply rub to both sides.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Place pork chops on grill for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked to internal temperature of 160 °F (70 °C).
- Serve each chop accompanied with 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa.
Nutritional information per serving (1 chop and 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa)
- Calories 210
- Protein 19 g
- Total Fat 10 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Carbohydrates 10 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Sugars 8 g
- Sodium 65 mg
- Potassium 376 mg