6 servings / 50 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 40 min
One dish dinners are great for an easy meal and limited clean up. This recipe is also great to take for lunch the next day.
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced, skinless chicken breast (2 to 3 breasts)
- 1 cup (250 mL) small diced onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) small diced carrot
- 1 cup (250 mL) small diced celery
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10 oz / 284 mL) low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) skim milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked brown rice (about 1 cup / 250 mL dry)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated light old cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C).
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, onion, celery and carrots until chicken is fully cooked. About 10 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients except the cheese to a large casserole dish and mix well. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 ½ cups / 375 ml)
- Calories: 305
- Protein: 25 g
- Fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Carbohydrate: 33 g
Dietary fibre: 4 g
- Sodium: 564 mg
- Potassium: 557 mg
Recipe developed by Nadine Day, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2008.