4 servings / 16 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 6 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) drained small capers
- 1 lb (500 g) large raw shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked brown rice
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium low heat and cook garlic and chili flakes for 30 seconds. Add roasted red peppers, parsley, lemon juice and capers, stir to coat. Add shrimp and pepper and toss to combine. Cook stirring for 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Spoon shrimp and sauce over rice to serve.
How to cook rice: In saucepan, bring 2 cups water, 1 cup (250 mL) brown rice to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and let cook for about 35 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 320
- Protein 25 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
- Carbohydrates 38 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 330 mg
- Potassium 300 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2017.