4 servings / 17 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 12 min
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) ground flax (flax meal)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 4 boneless skinless salmon portions (about 4 oz/125 g each)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together flax, parsley, lemon zest and chili powder; set aside.
- Place salmon portions onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush salmon with oil and sprinkle tops with flax mixture. Press flax mixture gently on top to help stick.
- Roast in preheated 425F (220 C) for about 12 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutritional info per serving (1/4 recipe)
- Calories: 210
- Protein: 20 g
- Total fat: 13 g
Saturated fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 mg
- Fibre: 1 g
Sugars: 0 g
Added sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 60 mg
- Potassium: 380 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.