4 servings / 25 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 15 min
- 1 lb (500 g) tilapia fillets (about 3)
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) orange juice
- 4 tsp (20 mL) soft non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped parsley or basil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (250 mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Cut each tilapia fillet into 4 lengthwise pieces and sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In shallow dish, whisk together orange juice, margarine, parsley, garlic and lemon rind. In a second shallow dish, stir together breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Dip each fish strip into margarine mixture to coat well, letting excess drip off. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly, pressing gently to adhere. Place on baking sheet linked with parchment paper and repeat with remaining fish.
- Bake in 450 F (220 C) oven for 10 minutes; turn over and bake for about 2 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 201
- Protein: 25 g
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 51 mg
- Carbohydrate: 11 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Added sugars: 1 g
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Potassium: 367 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2012.