20 (2 cups) servings / 15 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 0 min
- 1 can (398 mL/14 oz) refried, pinto or white kidney beans
- 75 mL (1⁄3 cup) low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) each ground cumin and chili powder, plus more to taste
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) or parsley
- If using canned white kidney beans, drain well and rinse thoroughly under cold water.
- In bowl, combine beans and the rest of the ingredients – yogurt, onions, garlic, spices and herbs – mash or use food processor.
- Taste and add more cumin and chili powder if necessary, and coriander to taste.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with chopped coriander.
MAKE AHEAD: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutritional info per serving (25 ml/2 tbsp)
- Calories: 30
- Protein: 2 g
- Total fat: 0 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
- Carbohydrate: 5 g
- Fibre: 2 g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Added sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 85 mg
- Potassium: 95 mg
Recipe From Anne Lindsay’s Lighthearted at Home ©2010