8 servings / 40 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 25 min
Prepare the roasted sweet potatoes in advance to make quick work of this gorgeous salad.
- 4 cups (1 L) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) sundried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated Reggiano Parmesan or crumbled Feta cheese
- 4 cups (1L /142 g) package arugula (or spinach or mixed greens)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, toss cubed sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil.
- Arrange on baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. This can be done up to a day in advance. Keep cooked sweet potatoes refrigerated until assembling the salad.
- In medium bowl, cover sundried tomatoes with very hot water and allow to stand for 25 minutes. Drain and chop.
- In large bowl, combine cooked sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, arugula and green onion.
- Prepare dressing by combining the remaining 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil with the balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories 120
- Protein 2 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
- Carbohydrates 8 g
Fibre 4 g
Total sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 108 mg
- Potassium 280 mg