8 servings / 10 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 0 min
Much lighter than classic coleslaw, enjoy it as an accompaniment to fish or chicken.
- ½ small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- ½ small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds, white or black, toasted
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine both cabbages, onion, carrot and sesame seeds.
- Prepare dressing by shaking together rice vinegar, canola oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and refrigerate before serving. Ideally, allow to stand in fridge for an hour or more to allow flavours to mellow. Re-toss before serving.
Nutritional info per serving (1 cup/250 ml)
- Calories 90
- Protein 2 g
- Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 7 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 45 mg
- Potassium 32 mg