16 cups / 45 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 35 min
- canola oil cooking spray
- 16 wonton wrappers, thawed if frozen
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 3/4 lb (350 g) skinless boneless chicken breast, pounded to even thickness (1/2 inch/1.25 cm) *
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red grapes, quartered
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Coat two mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Brush both sides of wonton wrappers with canola oil and place each wrapper in section of mini-muffin tin. Gently press each wrapper into tin and arrange so it forms cup shape. Wrappers will stick up out of cups. Bake until browned and crisp, 8 to10 minutes. Allow cups to cool, then remove from tins. Cups can be prepared up to two days ahead and stored at room temperature in airtight container.
- In medium saucepan, bring broth and water to boil. Add chicken to broth and simmer on low, covered, for 8 minutes. Turn heat off and let chicken stand in cooking liquid, covered, until cooked through, 10-15 minutes. Remove from broth and chill completely. Then cut into 1/4-inch (0.6-cm) dice.
- In dry skillet, toast almonds over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until golden and fragrant, 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder until combined. Stir in chicken to coat. Add almonds, grapes and chopped cilantro and toss to combine. Chicken salad can be made up to one day ahead and stored in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Fill each cup with heaping tablespoon of chicken salad, then garnish each with whole cilantro leaf. Serve immediately after filling.
Tip: Alternatively, you can start with 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced, cooked chicken instead of the chicken breast, broth and water and omit step 3.
Nutritional info per serving
Serving size: (2 filled wonton cups)
- Calories 170
- Protein 16 g
- Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
- Carbohydrates 10 g
Fibre 0 g
Added Sugar 0g
- Sodium 150 mg
- Potassium 143