6 servings / 22 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 12 min
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 3 bunches of rapini rinsed, trimmed and cut into 3-inch (7.5 cm) pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced, roasted red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; add rapini and garlic. Toss well; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until rapini is tender, turning a few times while cooking.
- Add roasted pepper and toasted almonds, toss and serve.
Cook's note: If your rapini tastes a little bitter, drizzle a tablespoon (15 mL) or so of balsamic vinegar on top of it.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 100
- Protein 7 g
- Total fat 4 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 55 mg
- Potassium 72 mg