4 servings / 38 min
Prep 10 min / Marinate 20 min / Cook 8 min
- 1 (7 oz/200g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) garlic chili sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 large red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) snap or snow peas
- 6 green onions, chopped into 4-inch (10-cm) pieces
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) unsalted cashews, chopped coarsely
- Slice the chicken into 1/4-inch (5-mm) slices. For easier slicing, place chicken in freezer 20 minutes to firm.
- In resealable plastic bag, mix together garlic, soy sauce, chili sauce, 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil and lime juice. Add sliced chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes to 12 hours.
- When chicken is marinated, heat medium frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil and red peppers. Sauté for 1 minute. Remove peppers from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add chicken with marinade to frying pan. Stir-fry chicken 4 minutes. Return red peppers to pan and continue cooking 1 minute. Add snow peas and green onions and cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews and stir-fry 1 minute. Serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 190
- Protein: 16 g
- Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fibre: 4 g
Sugars: 10 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Potassium: 548 mg