6 servings /50 min
Prep 30 min / Cook 20 min
Marinating the tofu adds flavour to this tasty vegetarian dish! Canola oil’s high smoke point makes it perfect for high-heat stir-fries. Serve over brown rice.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 lb (500 g) firm tofu, well drained, patted dry and cut into 12 rectangles
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares
- 4 mini bok choy, stems and greens separated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) Shiitake mushrooms
- In bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, canola oil, lime juice, honey and onion powder. Incorporate tofu and marinate 15 minutes (reserve marinade).
- In wok, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook tofu until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Set tofu aside.
- In same wok, stirring constantly, cook onions until browned, 3-5 minutes. Add bell pepper, bok choy stems, ginger and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add mushroom; cook 2 minutes. Add bok choy greens, reserved marinade and tofu; cook 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving 1 cup/250 mL
- Calories 200
- Protein 10 g
- Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 25 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 6 g
Added sugars 3 g
- Sodium 70 mg
- Potassium 408 mg