8 servings / 1 hour 5 min
Prep 30 min / Cook 35 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly grated ginger
- Juice of one medium sized lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 (12 oz / 350 g) block of firm or extra firm tofu, diced into cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) light coconut milk L
- 2 cups (500 mL) green beans, cut in 2 inch (5 cm) pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, marinate tofu with the ginger, lime juice and 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) canola oil. Toss well to coat. This can be done about 30 minutes ahead of time and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a large saucepan, no lid required heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Add onion and cook for about 6 minutes or until softened and slightly browned. Add garlic, cumin, coriander and cloves and stir for 2 minutes.
- To saucepan, add stock and coconut milk. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add green beans, bell pepper and zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Add marinated tofu and cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Serve over steamed brown rice or quinoa, if desired.
Nutritional info per serving (1 cup / 250 mL)
- Calories 100
- Protein 4 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 6 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 25 mg
- Potassium 83 mg