4 servings / 20 min
Prep 10 min / Cuisson 10 min
Though it’s not typically remembered as a member of the lean protein family, pork tenderloin has just 1 gram of saturated fat per a 3 ounce (90 gram) serving.
- 3/4 lb (375 g) pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dry sherry
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oyster sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced, divided
- 4 slices ginger, divided
- 3/4 lb (375 g) broccoli crowns, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25-cm) pieces
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- In medium bowl, mix together pork, soy sauce, cornstarch and sherry. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir together stir ¼ cup (50 mL) low-sodium chicken broth, oyster sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In wok or heavy skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Add half of garlic and half of ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry about 4 minutes, browning meat and cooling until no longer pink. Scoop pork onto a plate. Set aside.
- In wok or skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Tip wok or skillet to coat bottom of pan with canola oil. Add remaining garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and sauté for 1 minute. Pour in broth and cover wok or skillet. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook until most of liquid is evaporated. Add pork. Stir sauce, making sure cornstarch is dissolved, then add to pork and broccoli. Cook until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally to coat meat and broccoli with sauce. Sprinkle in green onions and cook for another minute. Serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 21 g
- Total fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sugars: 1 g
Added sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Potassium: 653 mg