4 servings / 30 min
Prep 8 min / Cook 20-25 min
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) pork tenderloin, fat trimmed off
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper, divided
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced sweet potato wedges
- 1 lb (500 g) thick- asparagus spears, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a rimmed 13 x 18 -inch (33 x 48 cm) baking sheet with 2 tsp canola oil.
- Place pork tenderloin in a medium bowl and add maple syrup, mustard, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper. Rub over the pork tenderloin.
- Warm a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. When hot, add pork tenderloin and sear for 3 minutes on each side.
- While pork is searing, slice sweet potato into wedges. Place in a medium bowl and toss with remaining canola oil, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Arrange asparagus in centre of sheet pan, trying not to overlap. Place seared tenderloin on top of asparagus, pouring any remaining marinade over pork. Tuck sweet potato wedges around pork and asparagus. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of pork registers 145°F (63°C). Transfer pork to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with asparagus and sweet potatoes.
Nutritional info per serving (4 oz (125 g) pork, 4 oz (125 g) asparagus, 3/4 cup (175 mL) sweet potatoes)
- Calories 320
- Protein 28 g
- Total fat 10 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
- Carbohydrates 29 g
Fibre 6 g
Sugars 10 g
Added sugars 3 g
- Sodium 210 mg
- Potassium 1089 mg