4 servings / 45 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 35 min
Upgrade this bunless burger with a balsamic reduction and sautéed vegetables. Dijon mustard and rosemary enhance the flavour.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb (500 g) ground bison or lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) canola oil, divided
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- In small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vinegar is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine bison, breadcrumbs, mustard, rosemary, and pepper. Shape four burgers and set aside.
- In nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat and cook onions until browned, 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms and bell pepper, cook 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining canola oil and cook bison burgers until the meat is fully-cooked.
- Garnish bison burger with sautéed vegetables and drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 250
- Protein 24 g
- Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
- Carbohydrates 15 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 9 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 135 mg
- Potassium 258 mg