8 servings / 35 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 25 min
This filling also works great in a bun or a whole wheat wrap.
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked or canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen or canned corn
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrot, finely grated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- ¼ cup (50 mL) ketchup
- 8 small baked taco shells (package of 12, 6 oz/156 g), or 100% whole wheat wraps or buns
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated lower-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large fry pan cook the turkey until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl mash kidney beans with the back of a fork. Add tomatoes, onion, corn, carrot, spices and ketchup. Mix to combine.
- Add bean mixture to the turkey and cook on medium until heated. About 15 minutes.
- Add mixture to taco shell (wrap/bun) and sprinkle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of cheese.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories: 197
- Protein: 14 g
- Fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 31 mg
- Carbohydrate: 21 g
Dietary fibre: 4 g
- Sodium: 259 mg
- Potassium: 338 mg
Recipe developed by Nadine Day, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2009.