5 servings / 30 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 25 min
These meatballs are sure to be a hit. Serve them with applesauce to dip or over whole-grain noodles or brown rice.
- 1 lb (500 g) extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) or regular dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated, peeled apple (about 1 apple)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) onion powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400º F (200º C) cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix very well. Using an ice cream scoop, form the mixture into balls, smaller than a golf ball. Make 15 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the cookie sheet and cook for 15 minutes. Flip them over and cook for an additional 10 minutes and until they are no longer pink inside.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 5)
- Calories: 225
- Protein: 20 g
- Total fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 134 mg
- Carbohydrate: 13 g
Dietary fibre: 1 g
- Sodium: 111 mg
- Potassium: 235 mg
Recipe developed by Nadine Day, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2008.