4 servings / 30 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 20 min
This meal is great for providing energy for your active kids. They won’t know about the two portions of vegetables per serving. In order to “hide” the vegetables in the tomato sauce, I try to dice them as small as possible or buy frozen veggies that are very small.
- 4 cups (1 L) whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 2 raw chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups (500 mL) pasta sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat. Add diced chicken and cook until no longer pink inside. About 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook 1 minute, until heated.
- Add sauce and simmer 10 minutes.
- Toss pasta with sauce and divide into bowls. Top with cheese and serve.
Nutritional info per serving (2 cups / 500 ml)
- Calories: 448
- Protein: 35 g
- Fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 62 mg
- Carbohydrate: 53 g
Fibre: 6 g
- Sodium: 651 mg
- Potassium: 885 mg