4 servings / 25 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 15 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (796 mL) no salt added Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 4 skinless salmon portions (about 1 1/4 lb/600 g)
- 1 box (375 g) whole wheat or plus fibre rotini or fusilli
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a large shallow saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes and with potato masher, crush tomatoes slightly to create a chunky sauce.
- Add wine, garlic, basil and thyme; simmer for 10 minutes or until starting to thicken.
- Add salmon and sprinkle with pepper. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until fish flakes when tested; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling water cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and stir into sauce breaking up salmon while stirring. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 670
- Protein 45 g
- Total fat 24 g
Saturated fat 5 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
- Carbohydrates 68 g
Fibre 8 g
Sugars 7 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 120 mg
- Potassium 1100 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2017.