4 servings / 25 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 15 min
- 12 sea scallops
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, rasped
- 2 red peppers, quartered
- 2 tsp (10 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) capers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- In a bowl, coat scallops with lemon juice, thyme and garlic; set aside.
- Spray peppers with cooking spray and grill over medium high heat for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally until tender and golden. Remove to cutting board and chop; set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and saute tomatoes, capers, garlic and hot pepper flakes for 2 minutes. Stir in chopped peppers and vinegar. Stir to combine; remove from heat.
- Spray scallops with cooking spray and place on grill over medium high heat and grill, turning once for about 4 minutes or until grill marked and opaque. Serve on tomato and pepper mixture.
Nutritional info per serving ( 1 of 4)
- Protein 14 g
- Total fat 3.5 g
Saturated fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
- Carbohydrates 6 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 200 mg
- Potassium 540 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.