4 servings / 1 hour and 15 min
Prep 14 min / Cook 1 hour
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 lb/454 g), peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) skim milk
- 1 pkg (7 g) unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain non fat yogurt
- 2 1/2 tbsp (37 mL) pure maple syrup
- 8 pecan halves
- In small saucepan, cover sweet potato with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain well and press through fine mesh sieve into bowl.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over milk and let stand for 1 minute. Place in microwave for 45 seconds until liquid and whisk until smooth. Pour into sweet potato with yogurt and maple syrup.
- Divide among 4 ramekins, parfait or wine glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm and set. (Can be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 1 day.)
- Garnish with pecans before serving.
Nutritional info per serving (1/4 servings)
- Calories: 166
- Protein: 6 g
- Total Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
- Carbohydrate: 32 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Total sugars: 18 g
- Added sugars: 7 g
- Sodium: 65 mg
- Potassium: 401 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2012.