18 bars / 10 min
Prep : 10 min / Cook: 0 min
These bars are kept in the freezer to help cool you down after that summer run or weight training session. The addition of proteins and fats will help revive your body and mind.
1/3 cup (75 mL) oat bran or wheat germ
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) almond butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) large flake oats
- 1/3 cup (175 mL) dried cherries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- In a dry nonstick skillet, toast oat bran over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until fragrant; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond butter, maple syrup and apple sauce. Stir in oats, cherries, almonds, toasted oat bran, flaxseed and sunflower seeds until well combined.
- Pack mixture into 8 inch (1.5 L) square parchment paper lined baking pan and freeze for about 2 hours or until very firm and solid. Remove from freezer and remove from pan using parchment paper as a handle. Cut into 18 bars and place in airtight container and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional Information per serving (1 bar)
- Calories 120
- Protein 4 g
- Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 13 g
Fibre 3 g
Total sugars 5 g
Added sugars 2 g
- Sodium 17 mg
- Potassium 145 mg