4 servings / 35 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 20 min
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled light feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb/500 g total
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sodium reduced chicken broth
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In small bowl, combine dried cranberries, garlic and thyme.
- Remove tenderloins from chicken breasts and reserve for another use. Cut a horizontal slit through the centre of each of the breasts to make a pocket. Divide cranberry mixture (dried cranberries, light feta cheese, garlic and thyme leaves) among chicken and skewer with a toothpick to close. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides and remove to shallow baking dish. Return skillet to medium heat and cook shallot for 1 minute or until softened. Add cranberries, broth and sugar; cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until cranberries begin to break down.
- Pour over chicken breasts and roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Cut chicken breasts in half to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 245
- Protein 30 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
- Carbohydrates 16 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 8 g
Added sugars 2 g
- Sodium 195 mg
- Potassium 355 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2017.