4 servings / 10 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 5 min
- Reserved Mint-parsley lemon chicken and topping*
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked brown rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered almonds, toasted**
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 1 lemon, halved
- Chop chicken.
- Cook rice according to package directions and place in a medium bowl with the reserved topping*; toss well.
- Spoon rice mixture into the bottom of 4 soup bowls; spoon equal amounts of the chicken into the centre of each bowl. Arrange the tomatoes, almonds, and feta in sections around the chicken. Squeeze the lemon juice evenly over all.
- To toast almonds, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook almonds 2–3 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet immediately.
Nutritional info per serving
Serving size: 1/2 cup (125 mL) rice, 3 oz (90 g) cooked chicken, and 1/2 cup (125 mL) topping
- Calories 460
- Protein 36 g
- Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
- Carbohydrates 36 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugars 2 g
Added Sugar 0 g
- Sodium 240 mg
- Potassium 641 mg