8 servings / 15 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 5 min
Enjoy this delicious guacamole as a snack or appetizer with a few whole grain tortillas. It’s also nice as a side to grilled fish, chicken or any Mexican dish. Ole!
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil, divided (plus more for the grill)
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise in 3 long strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeds removed, sliced in half
- 1 just ripe avocado, peeled, sliced in half
- ½ small red onion, sliced in half
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro, minced
- Prepare grill by brushing with canola oil. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Lightly brush both sides of vegetables with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the canola oil. Place zucchini strips, bell pepper, avocado and onion halves on the grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill. Finely dice zucchini, pepper and onion. Place in large bowl. Add avocado and mash in.
- Stir in remaining canola oil, lime juice and cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional info per serving (1/4 cup / 50 mL)
- Calories 80
- Protein 1 g
- Total Fat 7 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 4 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 0 mg
- Potassium 185 mg