6 servings / 35 minutes
Prep 15 min / 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 8 skinless bone in chicken thighs (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each turmeric and ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1cup (250 mL) sodium reduced chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- In a deep large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and brown chicken thighs on both sides. Remove to a plate. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir in ginger and garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and half of the cilantro. Return chicken and juices to pan. Stir in broth and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Tip: Cayenne can be reduced or omitted if your family is not a fan of heat.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 180
- Protein 22 g
- Total fat 9 g
- Saturated fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 65 mg
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Fibre 0 g
- Sugars 0 g
- Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 180 mg
- Potassium 250 mg