4 servings / 1 hr 10 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 60 min
Adding a touch of oil near the end of cooking helps brown the potatoes and adds a touch more flavour.
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) mini red potatoes
- ¼ cup (50 mL) no salt added chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) paprika
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and place in large bowl.
- Add broth, garlic, rosemary, lemon rind and juice, paprika and pepper; toss to coat well.
- Spread into parchment paper lined roasting pan and roast in 220 F (425 F) oven for 45 minutes.
- Stir in oil and roast for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Nutritional info per serving (1 cup / 250 mL)
- Calories: 165
- Protein: 4 g
- Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbohydrate: 33 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Added sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Potassium: 642 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.