6 servings / 55 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 35 min
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 1/2 lb/750 g)
- 4 carrots (about 12 oz/360 g), peeled and cut in half crosswise
- 3 green onions, cut into 2 inch (5 cm) pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch pepper
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) no salt added lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) tahini paste or other nut or seed butter
- Dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and spray with cooking spray. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cut carrots into 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick strips and toss with green onions, pepper, oil, garlic and half of the cilantro and pepper. Spread around the eggplant and roast in 400° F (200° C) oven for about 35 minutes or until eggplant is soft and carrots are golden.
- Scoop flesh out of eggplant into a bowl and stir in lentils, remaining cilantro and tahini. Spoon into shallow serving dish and top with roasted carrot mixture. Serve warm.
Vegetarian main: Serve 4 as a main course.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6 servings)
- Calories 170
- Protein 8 g
- Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 25 g
Fibre 6 g
Total sugars 6 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 181 mg
- Potassium 505 mg