4 servings/ 27 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 12 min
An easy way to add texture and flavour is by adding nuts to your main dish. The combination of herbs, garlic and nuts adds a wonderful twist to this easy skillet meal.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 14 oz/400 g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
- Half a small yellow or red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice or white wine vinegar (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 2 thin cutlets. Pound slightly and lay them flat on work surface. Sprinkle with parsley, pecans, cheese, garlic and pepper. Roll each one up and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken on all sides. Add spinach and pepper to pan. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, if using before serving.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 162
- Protein 25 g
- Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
- Carbohydrates 3 g
Fibre 1 g
Total sugars 1 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 97 mg
- Potassium 470 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2015.