2 servings / 52 min
Prep 30 min / Cook 20-22 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil, divided
- 2 (1/2 lb/250 g) bone-in, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced sweet onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled butternut squash, cut into 1/2 -inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) golden raisins
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 wide strips of lemon peel
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown; about 4 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- Add remaining canola oil, onion and squash; cook stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, turmeric, cinnamon and raisins; stir to coat vegetables.
- Add chicken broth and lemon strips to skillet; and bring to a simmer. Return chicken to skillet; cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and chickpeas; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the chicken to plates. Spoon the broth and vegetables over the chicken and top with parsley.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 2)
- Calories 380
- Protein 23 g
- Total fat 11 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
- Carbohydrates 49 g
Fibre 9 g
Sugars 20 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 200 mg
- Potassium 1009 mg