8 servings / 8 hours 20 min
Prep 8 hours 10 min / Cook 10-12 min
- 8 (4 oz/125 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh mint (or cilantro)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) dried pepper flakes
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch (1-cm) thickness and place in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine canola oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano and garlic. Whisk until well blended. Pour half of the mixture over chicken and seal bag, toss back and forth to coat chicken, and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. Refrigerate the remaining lemon juice mixture until needed.
- Heat grill or grill pan coated with canola oil cooking spray over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade, discard marinade, and cook chicken 5–6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in centre.
- Meanwhile, combine the reserved lemon juice mixture with the mint, parsley and pepper flakes.
- Cook Once Eat Twice: Reserve 4 chicken breasts and half of the mint mixture (stored separately) for Chicken and feta grain bowl. Cool and refrigerate.
- Serve remaining chicken breasts topped with the remaining mint mixture.
Nutritional info per serving
Serving size: 3 oz (90 g) cooked chicken breast and 1 1/2 tbsp
(20 mL) mint mixture
- Protein 27 g
- Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
- Carbohydrates 3 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Added Sugar 0 g
- Sodium 55 mg
- Potassium 462 mg