2 servings / 40 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 20 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger, divided
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 8 oz/227 g)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups (500 mL) matchstick carrots
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each chopped fresh mint and cilantro
- In a shallow dish, stir together 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil and half of the ginger. Add chicken with garlic and pepper and turn to coat.
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat and grill, turning once for about 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove to cutting board and slice thinly; set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat remaining sesame oil over medium heat. Cook zucchini and carrots with remaining ginger; stirring for about 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar. Toss with mint and basil.
- Divide among 2 plates and top with sliced chicken.
Asparagus variation: Omit zucchini and substitute 2 cups (500 mL) julienned asparagus.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 2)
- Calories 260
- Protein 29 g
- Total fat 8 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
- Carbohydrates 16 g
Sugars 8 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 160 mg
- Potassium 920 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2017.